Congratulations to the 14 Can Do Canines teams who received diplomas on Saturday, June 10 in recognition of graduating from Can Do Canines assistance dog program. Each assistance dog was provided free of charge due to the generous support of our donors.
The Graduation Ceremony represents the culmination of a long journey for the assistance dogs and their partners. Beginning with Puppy Raisers, either in the homes of volunteers or at one of six Minnesota and Wisconsin prisons, the dogs are raised and taught basic obedience and early assistance dog skills. After 18 months, they are returned to Can Do Canines for final training and to begin their new life with a person in need, free of charge.
Congratulations to our new graduates!
Thank you to Anchor Bank for sponsoring our Summer Graduation and thank you to Tiffany Hendrickson Photography for capturing our event!
To see photos from the day click the flickr link below:
2017 Summer Graduates:
- Greg Waibel & Mobility Assist Dog Victor
- Bill Kostur & Mobility Assist Dog Phoenix
- Betty & Hearing Assist Dog Hazel
- Tom Powers & Mobility Assist Dog Dryden
- Sally Williams & Mobility Assist Dog Wilbur
- Madison Stangl & Diabetes Assist Dog Willy
- Vonna DeLong & Hearing Assist Dog Bonnie
- Robert Keck & Mobility Assist Dog Leo
- John Eliason & Mobility Assist Dog Gracie
- Nancy Lauderman & Hearing Assist Dog Daisy
- Gerald Knutson & Mobility Assist Dog Jade
- Kimberley Hodges & Mobility Assist Dog Shirley
- Mary Jo Stockman & Mobility Assist Dog Folly
- Jackson Wallrath & Autism Assist Dog Valor